Goccles Oral Cancer Screening Glasses
Prevention and early screening can save lives.Oral cancer is one of the most frequent cancers globally, unfortunately its late stage detection is a common problem worldwide.Early discovery is the most important step in reducing the death rate: when detected in first stage, patients have an 80 to 90 percent survival rate.Knowing the risk factors and regular check-ups, including a screening of the entire mouth, are essential in the early detection of cancerous and precancerous lesions.With the innovative Goccles you can run a simple, non-invasive and painless test of the oral cavity, for early screening of oral cancer and other precancerous lesions.
What is fluorescence and cell-tissue autofluorescence?Cells contain fluorescent molecules, also called fluorophores or simply fluors, which become fluorescent when excited by UV/Vis radiation of a suitable wavelength, responding distinctly to light compared to other molecules. This fluorescence emission, arising from endogenous fluorophores, is an intrinsic property of cells and is called auto-fluorescence (to be distinguished from fluorescent signals obtained by adding exogenous markers).In other words, fluorescence is a property of some molecules in which light of one colour is absorbed that results in light of a different colour being emitted.In medicine the fundamental approach to the fluorescence detection of dysplasia and early malignancy is to use tissue specific endogenous auto-fluorescence.Tissue auto-fluorescence behaviour can be easily screened in the oral mucosa with an optical filter after exiting cells using an excitation light (such as a standard curing light). This technique enables rapid screening of internal surface areas of oral mucosa in order to provide an accurate, non-invasive aid to detection of dysplasia and early cancer.
Why choose Goccles?
- It works with common curing lights - Goccles is a medical device developed to be used in combination with curing lamps already present in dental offices.
- Innovative patented optical filter - The special optical filter created in collaboration with the Catholic University of Rome allows you to see in a clear and accurate way the anomalies of the oral cavity.
- Accessible and easy to use - An easy to use product that offers the possibility to work with existing equipment thus optimizing costs.
- Tissue autofluorescence - The autofluorescence examination, in addition to the naked eye examination, contributes to the detection of the actual margins of precancerous and cancerous lesions even in the initial stage.
- Italian product and patent - Designed, manufactured and patented in Italy, Goccles® is a product that offers a guarantee of efficiency and quality during the screening.
- Non invasive - The device allows you to perform a non-invasive and painless examination of the oral cavity, ensuring the well-being of the patient.
- Promptly discover suspicious lesions - Through the process of tissue autofluorescence, a rapid and painless examination allows you to view the margins of suspicious lesions even at an early stage and if not visible to the naked eye.
Packs now contain a smartphone camera clip allowing you to photograph any abnormalities and send the photo on with your referral.
- 1 x Oral Cancer Screening Glasses
- 1 x smartphone camera lens clip
- Additional Information
Short Description Goccles are innovative glasses for oral cancer screening used in conjunction with a standard curing light SKU 180-0050 Brand PIERREL MPN 531000601 Offer Extra Text Now including Smartphone Camera Lens Clip! Presentation Oral Cancer Screening
- Product Questions
Total 1 question(s)Ask a question
Do dark areas indicate mucosal alteration in general or cancerous/precancerous lesion specifically? If not specific for cancer, what does it offer beyond a good oral examination? Thank you
The fluoresence of dyplastic or anaplastic tissue decreases because of the changes in the metabolism of the affected cells and this is what Goccles helps you to see along with disruption of the extracellular matrix, angiogenesis and thickening of the tissues affected by a tumor which also appear to decrease the intensity of the signal and so show up as darker areas.
Although other factors could potentially result in darker areas these factors are arguably worth investigating as early diagnosis is key to sucessful treatment but is also unfortunately quite rare.
Only 4% of oral cancers are diagnosed in stage I and only in 28% of cases are detected in stage II. Up to 36% of the cases are diagnosed in the stage III and an additional 32% is diagnosed in stage IV.
Prognosis is closely related to the stage when therapy is started. For patients with severe disease in an advanced stage, life expectancy is very limited: five years after treatment, only 27% of patients at stage III and only 5% of those at stage IV are still alive.
If you'd like to read into it in more depth there are a couple of clinical articles that you can download from the Goccles page.
- Why buy from Dental Sky?
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Inc. VAT: £354.00 Ex. VAT: £295.00
Regular Price: £10.74
Special Price Inc. VAT: £9.54 Ex. VAT: £7.95
Regular Price: £2,382.00
Special Price Inc. VAT: £1,950.00 Ex. VAT: £1,625.00
Regular Price: £678.00
Special Price Inc. VAT: £648.00 Ex. VAT: £540.00
- Inc. VAT: £298.80 Ex. VAT: £249.00
- Inc. VAT: £53.70 Ex. VAT: £44.75